Total page showings

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Update on the chain letter

Hi guys!

Remember that chain letter I once posted? You know the one about a girl named Jenny, and stuff like that? If you don't remember the exact letter, here it is;


"My name is Jenny I am sixteen I have blonde hair and u can't stop reading me u have started!! I was murdered 7/14 with my fathers shotgun and a butcher knife if u don't post this on 20 other pics I will come kill u in the middle of the night with my dads butcher knife u have five hours!! Don't believe me??? Google Maria Marshall, Keisha jones,and Omar wilkinson"

I did, at that time enjoy to "slaughter" chain letters like that, and point out how dumb they are, but the response I made at that time;

"My name is not Jenny, though I am sixteen, and I do have blond hair. If you stop reading, you will safe yourself from reading this. I was not murdered, in fact I am very much alive! I have a good relationship with my father, who doesn't own a butcher knife. If you post this to 20 other pages, people will hate you! Don't believe me? Try i for yourself!"

sort of seem to have kind of backfired? It seems like people think that I am Jenny or something? I don't know, but it is weird. On the old post I got some comments and "responses", which I am glad for, since I really don't get that many responses, but the people who are commenting seems to have misunderstood a lot of things..

First of all, I am not Jenny! If you thought that, I cannot hide that I don't really understand you. Of course, if you haven't read my blog before and don't that my name is Kris.. Okay, explains a little, but I still wrote that my name isn't Jenny, and that this hoax has nothing to do with me. Reason for this is the comments I got on the post. Mostly nice comments, but some people just.. I don't really understand why some people react as they do. Some posted rude comments, some thanked for the information, and some just posted weird comments - but I am happy for every one of them! My favourite is still the "I love/like cats...", hands down ;-)

Secondly, hi there, I am still alive! - Surprise! Really guys, don't take these things to seriously! I know that you might get scared by a chain letter like that, but honestly. Don't believe in a jerk posting some random shit like that on Facebook or any other social media like that! Please don't, that is just what they want, for you to spread out their shitty hoaxes and scare people.

Some of you argue that because of the Wikipedia article, the story is legit. On Wikipedia you can easily edit in an article, or make a new one, making up a story, and making it seem legit. If you have been on 9gag, you will most certainly know that, due to a meme (one of the characters from The Walking Dead's occupation was edited, all from "Badass" to "9gag's newst toy" ans so on) that has been floating around for some time. So don't believe everything you read on Wikipedia! That is also the reason that your teacher probably doesn't want you to use it, when you are doing a paper or homework.

I don't know how you guys usually respond to these sort of posts, but this has just been a small update about the old post, and I hope you didn't die from boredom reading this ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Your response to Jenny (your original post) is linked in wiki. Those of us who don't read your blogs normally thought you where Jenny. I apologize as I am at fault for that myself. Good to know your clearing things up. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Morgan!
      First of all, thank you for your comment! :) Re-reading this, I realize that I come across as quite harsh, I am going to update and rephrase the post, as it wasn't my intention to be rude :)
      Secondly, wow - I didn't know I was linked to a wiki page? Could you please post the link here? Thanks on advantage!
      /Kris

      Delete